Dr. Timothy Perkins of the UVM Proctor Maple Research Center leads a discussion at the Michigan Maple Meeting last January. UVM will be hosting a series of maple seminars online this fall.
Zoom maple! UVM offering fall series of maple education seminars online
By PETER GREGG | SEPTEMBER 16, 2020
MORRISVILLE, Vt.—Time for virtual maple.
This fall University of Vermont maple specialists will will continue their series of online webinars focused on business decision-making and forestry practices.
Sugarmakers across the U.S. are invited to learn about the best ways to integrate business management and sugarbush management for a thriving maple enterprise that targets profits and forest health.
Topics will include sap yields, sugarbush forestry, tubing systems, sap-only enterprises, sugarbush appraisal and more.
- Sap Yields and Tapping Stained Wood Wednesday, September 16 7:00 pm EST
- Fall Tapping and Tap Hole Longevity Wednesday, Septermber 30 7:00 pm EST
- Forestry and Maple Panel Discussion Wednesday, October 14 7:00 pm EST
- Tubing Systems and Forest Management Wednesday, October 28 7:00 pm EST
- Digital Entrepreneurship and Online Sales Wednesday, November 4 7:00 pm EST
- Sap-Only Enterprises Wednesday, November 11 7:00 pm EST
- Appraisal and Valuation of a Sugarbush Wednesday, December 9 7:00 pm EST
Presenters will include: Abby van den Berg (Research Associate Professor), Mark Isselhardt (Maple Specialist), Mark Cannella (Extension Associate Professor), Chris Lindgren (Forest Business Coordinator), attorneys, foresters and industry specialists.
Visit the Upcoming Events page at MapleManager.org to register!